Flu activity trends upward: A look at the numbers
Influenza activity increased again according to the latest FluView report. Schools are closing due to this year’s flu outbreak.
- Find out when and where influenza activity is occurring
- Track influenza-related illness
- Determine what influenza viruses are circulating
- Detect changes in influenza viruses
- Measure the impact influenza is having on hospitalizations and deaths
- During the 2013-2014 flu season, 3,202 cases were confirmed
- During the 2012-2013 flu season, 5,682 cases were confirmed.
- During the 2011-2012 flu season, 2,116 cases were confirmed.
- During the 2010-2011 flu season, 3,399 cases were confirmed.
- During the 2009-2010 flu season, 11,587 cases were confirmed.
- During the 2008-2009 flu season, 1,586 cases were confirmed.